*This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to take action through one of my links I will receive compensation, at no extra cost to you. You can find my full Disclaimer at the bottom of this page. Thanks in advance, this is what helps support my family. 💜
To those who may be new here, my name is Kendra.
Hearts and Houseshoes was created to help raise awareness of Type 1 Diabetes by sharing our own experiences in dealing with this disease.
You can also find some tips about self-improvement.
Go and have a look around. I hope that you enjoy it!
Now, I want to give a huge thank you to Makyla for nominating me.
You can find her over at The I Am W.O.M.A.N Blog, which stands for Working On Myself And Narrative.
Her blog is dedicated to self-discovery and growth.
I recommend you take a few minutes and go check it out.
And you can also find her Sunshine Blogger Award post right here.
Thanks again Makyla!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
“The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.”
The award is driven entirely by the community, passed from blogger to blogger in recognition of their inspiring, creative and motivational blogs.
Each nominee passes it on to 11 of their favorite bloggers, and round and round it goes.
This is a great way to give recognition to bloggers who may otherwise fly under the radar of many people.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify your nominees about their nomination.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or website.
Questions from Makyla:
Why did you start your blog? What inspires your content?
I started Hearts and Houseshoes as a way to share my personal stories and experiences.
My daughter is a Type 1 diabetic and I want to try and help raise awareness about this disease.
And therefore, hopefully help someone else out along the way.
How did you choose the name of your blog?
The heart comes from this being a personal blog because I share stories from the heart that have a special meaning.
Then, the houseshoes part comes from my writing about lifestyle and household related content.
What challenges did you have to overcome in the early stages of creating your blog?
I would say the biggest challenge is just getting traffic and trying to reach the right audience.
And I would also add that I am still trying to overcome this challenge!
Name 3 bucket list goals?
- My first goal is to figure out an online business that I am able to make money from.
- My second goal would be to become a travel blogger. I have enough on my hands right now, but I would like to eventually travel and see places I have never been.
- And my third goal is to become financially stable enough to not struggle anymore. I would like to eventually earn a passive income from an online business.
What’s your favorite childhood memory?
My favorite childhood memory would have to be spending holidays with the whole family.
We would always get together and laugh and have such a good time.
I am very blessed to have many great memories with a loving and wonderful family.
Favorite animal and why?
My favorite animal has always been a black panther.
Although, I’m not really sure why.
Maybe, it’s taking the mystical black cat to the next level. Lol.
I just think they are amazing and beautiful animals.
If you could time travel, where would you go?
I wouldn’t say that there is an exact time period I would go back to.
But, I would like to know what it was like in the old days.
When everyone wore those big fancy dresses, although I’m sure they were uncomfortable, and times were simpler, although I’m sure harder.
It just seems like I have always been drawn to what I call the old days.
I love antiques and visiting places that are set up like back then.
If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
Probably pizza. It’s one of my favorites and there are so many different ways you can make them.
Maybe it would take a while to get burnt out on it.
Which of your personally traits has gotten you in the most trouble?
Definitely being too gullible.
I’m not as easily talked into things nowadays, but I used to be very easily persuaded.
Favorite movie and why?
My favorite movie is probably The Notebook.
They have a very passionate love for one another and in the end, neither one of them has to go on living without the other.
What advice would you give your younger self?
Not to worry as much.
Life has a way of working itself out and things happen for a reason.
Another thing is don’t dwell on the past and don’t have any regrets.
Each part of your life makes you the person you are today!
My Sunshine Award Nominees
- Impossibly Imperfect @imposs_perfect
- My Simple Mind @My_SimpleMind
- Frantasmagoria @frantasmagoria1
- The Ray Journey @TheRayJourney
- One Unique Blog @OneUniqueBlog
- Shatter the Silence @Irishgirl692
- Jessie Renea @Jessica66342553
- Housewife Hustle @HousewifeHustle
- The Wellbeing Blogger @TheWblogger
- The Tinker Bug @Thetinkerbug
- Rollin With The Rollins @rollinwith_
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- Do you let family and friends know about your blog?
- When it comes to blogging, what do you enjoy most about it?
- Name 3 bloggers who you find to be the most inspirational.
- What advice would you give a beginner blogger?
- What is your best personality trait?
- Do you have a favorite holiday?
- Describe your perfect meal.
- Other than writing, what is your favorite hobby?
- Is there a certain skill you wish you could improve?
- What is your favorite way to relax?
Congratulations on your nomination! Each one of you is very deserving of this award. I hope that you all have fun with it and I am impatiently waiting to read your results. 😊